News
NISS Seeks Collaboration with NCC to Improve National Security

National Institute of Security Studies (NISS) has engaged the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to advance strategic collaboration that would enhance the application of Information and Communication Technology (ICTs) towards improving national security.
Speaking during a visit to the Executive Vice Chairman of the Commission, Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta at the NCC’s Head Office in Abuja recently, the Institute’s Director, Research Estimates and Library Services, Dr. Adegboyega Karim, said the visit was on a fact-finding mission to enrich ongoing research that focuses on globalization and regional integration for sustainable development in Africa.
KANO FOCUS reports that Karim led to the Commission a team delegation of Executive Intelligence Management Course Sixteen Participants (EIM16), a study group with representations from various security agencies under the auspices of NISS, typically senior officers in security agencies, including the military, police, intelligence services, and other relevant agencies.

He noted that the Commission has made giant strides advancing the course of digital economy development in Nigeria, and that its regulatory processes provide a good opportunity for the collaboration to enable the group to research further into matters regarding telecommunications and national security.
Director, Special Duties of the Commission, Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde, who received the team on behalf of Danbatta, affirmed the readiness of the Commission to collaborate with the Institute, and, indeed, any private and public institution that is focused on national development.
Reiterating on the advancements made in ICTs, Adinde said it is within this context that the Commission continued to promote the deployment of robust digital infrastructure capable of supporting and improving the security of lives and property.
“As a way of consolidating on the tremendous successes that had been recorded in the telecoms industry through effective regulatory regime emplaced by the Commission, the Federal Government has formulated a number of policies such as the Nigerian National Broadband Plan (NNBP) and the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS), among others, which serve as a compass for our efforts at building a resilient digital economy that supports security,” he said.
Adinde enlightened the visiting delegation on NCC’s efforts towards ensuring adequate protection for telecoms facilities, across the nooks and crannies of the country where it is treated as Critical National Infrastructure (CNI), the building of Emergency Communications Centres (ECCs) across states and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) as well as series of collaborations with relevant agencies to ensure effective connectivity to individuals and institutions.

News
Gov Yusuf condoles with Emir Sanusi, APC Chairman over Galadiman Kano’s death

Nasiru Yusuf Ibrahim
Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf, expresses deep condolences to the Emir of Kano, Mallam Muhammadu Sanusi II, the Kano Emirate Council and Kano State Chairman, All Progressive Congress (APC), Alh. Abdullahi Abbas and the entire family, over the death of the revered Galadiman Kano, Alhaji Abbas Sanusi.

KANO FOCUS reports that the late Galadiman Kano, who passed away at the age of 91 on Tuesday night in Kano, was a distinguished elder statesman and a pillar of the Kano Emirate.
He dedicated his life to serving the Emirate, holding key traditional positions, including Wamban Kano, and played a crucial advisory role under the late Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero.
In a statement on Wednesday by his Commissioner of Information and Internal Affairs Comrade Ibrahim Abdullahi Waiya, Gov. Yusuf described the death as a huge tragedy, not only to the Emirate but to the State and the entire people of Kano.
Governor Abba Kabiru extolled the virtues of the late Galadiman Kano, as a man of wisdom, discipline and unwavering commitment to the preservation of Kano’s cultural and traditional heritage.
“The passing of Alhaji Abbas Sanusi is a great loss to Kano State. He was a father to many and a custodian of our rich traditions. His wisdom and contributions to the progress of the Emirate will be remembered for generations,” Governor Yusuf added
In addition, the Governor extended heartfelt condolences to the entire people of Kano State, over the monumental loss of Alhaji Abbas Sanusi. He prayed for Almighty Allah’s mercy upon the departed soul and the strength for the family to bear this great loss.
Governor Yusuf urged the people of Kano to remember the late Galadiman Kano in their prayers and to uphold the values of unity and service that he stood for.

Headlines
President Tinubu mourns Galadiman Kano, Abbas Sanusi

Nasiru Yusuf Ibrahim
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has expressed grief over the passing of Alhaji Abbas Sanusi, the Galadiman Kano and senior Kano Emirate official.
KANO FOCUS reports that Abbas Sanusi died at 92 after a protracted illness. Many children and grandchildren survive him.
Among his children is Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas, the Kano State chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

In a statement issued on Wednesday by Special Adviser to the President Information and Strategy Bayo Onanuga President Tinubu described the deceased as a strong pillar of the traditional institution, its survival and development.
The President said the services of the late Sanusi, a titleholder since 1959, would be appreciated far beyond Kano Emirate and Kano State.
President Tinubu condoled with the government and people of Kano State, the Kano Emirate Council and the family of the late chief for the irreparable loss.
The President prayed to Allah to admit the Galadima in Jannatul Firdaus and comfort the family.

Headlines
Edo Killings: Gov Okpebholo visits Kano, pledges compensation for travelers

Edo Killings: Gov Okpebholo visits Kano, pledges compensation for travelers
Nasiru Yusuf Ibrahim
Governor Monday Okpebholo, accompanied by Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf, paid condolence visit to the families of the 16 northern travelers killed in Uromi, Edo State.

KANO FOCUS reports that youths and women on Monday took to the streets in Bunkure Local Government Area, welcoming the visiting governor accompanied by governor of Kano.
At Torankawa, Governor Okpebholo assured the families that compensation would be provided and reiterated his commitment to ensuring that justice is served.
On his part, Governor Yusuf pledged cash assistance and food supplies to the affected families, though he did not specify the exact amounts or quantities.
Both governors reaffirmed their commitment to ensuring that the perpetrators are brought to justice and that such incidents do not occur again.
