Connect with us

Headlines

Kano anti corruption moves to check high cost of food commodities

Published

on

Barr. Balarabe Mahmoud

Nasiru Yusuf

Kano State Public Complaint and Anti-Corruption Commission, PCACC has announced a move to regulate commodities prices in the state.

KANO FOCUS reports that the Chairman of Commission, Mahmoud Balarabe disclosed the move during his maiden press briefing on Thursday.

Balarabe said the agency would not fold its arms and watch some greedy marketers or traders inflict more hardship on the people at a time when the economic situation of the country is bitting hard.

According to him, “We are now working on the Public Complaint and Anti-Corruption Commission law. We are working with the statehouse of the Assembly to review and strengthen the laws in order to improve the performance of the commission.

“Part of the law is that which seeks to check the continuous or incessant increase of the prices of commodities by the traders in the state.

“In view of the current economic situation, we felt the need to Wade in and regulate the prices by traders who seize opportunities to hike the food commodities,” he said.

The Antigraft agency boss further said that the principle of rule of law will be its watchword noting that it will not compromise nor deviate.

“Compare to the past, we now receive more complaints. We received 60 complaints in a day compare to the past when we receive 35 complaints.

“This shows that the public now has confidence in the commission.

“The principle of rule of law will be our guiding principle. And we will not compromise and deviate from that principle,” he said.

Balarabe continued when he hinted at plans by the agency to provide more clubs in all schools across the state to inculcate the spirit of discipline in the younger generation in order to check tendencies of corrupt practices at a tender age.

“Similarly, as I said earlier that Anti-Corruption is the concern of all. We will ensure public participation in the crusade,” Balarabe however stated.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Hausa

Abinda ya hadani da lauyoyi na-Sheikh Abduljabbar Kabara

Published

on

Aminu Abdullahi

Malamin Addinin musuluncin nan a nan Kano Sheikh Abduljabbar Kabara ya bayyana abinda ya hadashi da lauyoyinsa har suka juya masa baya.

Malam Kabara ya ce lauyoyinsa sun bukaci ya basu N 1,500,000 domin su shirya taron manen labarai.

KANO FOCUS ta ruwaito malamin ya bayyana hakan ne lokacin da yake yiwa kotu bayani, a wani bagare na ci gaba da shari’ar da ake yi masa.

Ya ce sun nemi kudinne da zummar su yi taron manema labarai sununa yadda aka zalinceshi ko jama’a sa tausaya masa.

Ya kara da cewa kwanaki biyu kafin a yi zaman kotun baya lauyoyinsa sun samenshi a gidan kurkuku, suka ce masa za a koma kotu za kuma a ci gaba tuhumarsa.

“Sun sameni a gidan yari na Kurmawa, inda nake tsare, suka ce min dukkan tuhumar da ake yimin gadar zarece kawai.

“Sunce idan na amince da tuhumar to ba shakka na fada cikin tarkon da aka danamin.

“Suka kuma gayan tuni aka yankemin hukunci jira ake kawai na amsa a zartar da shi.” A cewarsa.

Na zama kurma

Sheikh Abduljabbar Kabara ya kara da cewa lauyoyin sun bukaci da ya kame bakinsa da zarar anje kotun kada ya ce uffan.

Ya ce sai dai ya tambayesu mai zai biyo baya idan ya kulle bakinsa ya ce ba zai yi Magana ba?

Inda ya ce sun gayamasa kar ya damu za su kula da al’amarin, shi dai kada ya yi Magana.

Haka kuma ya ce sun nemi ya basu N500,000 domin su shirya taron yan jaridar.

“Bayan sun gama wancan bayaninne kuma suka bukaci na basu dubu dari biyar su yi taron ‘yan jarida.

“Hakan ta sanya na basu N300,000, na kuma zo kotu na kame bakina kamar kurma”.

“Bayan na kame bakina ne kuma alkali ya ce a yi min gwajin kwakwalwa da na kunne, amma lauyoyin nan suka kasa cewa komai”, ya kara da cewa.

Wani jami’in gwamnati zai taimakeni

Abduljabbar Kabara ya ci gaba da gayawa kotu cewa, lauyoyin nasa sun hada shi da wani babba a gwamnati don ya taimaka masa.

Ko da dai ya ce ba zai fadi sunansa ba, amma ya yi masa wasu bayanai.

Dole na yarda inda ciwon hauka

Malamin ya ce mutumin da aka hada shi da shi ya gaya masa idan aka tabbatar da shi mahaukaci ne to rayuwarsa za ta tagayyara.

Sai dai ya gaya masa zai kuma shaki isakar ‘yanci, amma zai ci gaba da rayuwarsa a matsayin mahaukaci.

Don haka ya ce sun nemi ya basu milyan daya, don su kira taron manema labarai a karo na biyu su magance duk wani abu da zai batamasa suna.

“Sun nemi na basu N1,000,000 su yi taron manema labarai, don su karemin martabata da sunana.

“Amma sai sukace dole idan za a yi haka sai na yarda inada tabin kwakwalwa, sannan za su taimakamin a sakeni.

Za a kwace min mata

Haka zalika malamin ya ce lauyoyin sun yi yunkurin kwace masa mata.

A cewarsa bayan da aka bukaci a yi masa gwajin kwakwalwa lauyoyin sun yi kokarin kulla alaka da matarsa.

Ya ce al’amarin bai yi masa dadi ba, inda ya ce hakan cin zarafi ne.

Zarge-zargen ba gaskiya bane

Sai dai lauyoyin na sa sun musunta dukkanin zarigin da malamin ya yi musu.

Barrister Rabi’u Shu’aibu Abdullahi ne ya musanta zargi a wani bagare na mayar da martani ga kalaman na Sheikh Abduljabbar.

Ya ce idan Abduljabbar yana gani an yi masa ba dai-dai ba to akwai inda aka tsara ya kai karar lauyoyin.

Ya ce idan ya kai kara a nan ne lauya zai kare kansa kan duk wani zargi da aka yi masa,

Ko ya shigar da kara ko mu bi hakkin mu

Haka zalika Barrister Abdullahi ya ce sun baiwa malamin makwanni biyu ya shigar da karar neman hakkinsa kan zargin da yake yi musu.

Ya ce hukumar da aka tanada don kai karar lauya ba a boye mata dukkanin bayanai.

A don hakan nema ya ce sun bashi makwanni biyu ya kai karar ko kuma su su nemi nasu hakkin.

Continue Reading

Headlines

Police rescued new born baby abducted at M A Wase hospital 

Published

on

Nasiru Yusuf

Police in Kano said they have rescued a one day old baby abducted at Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Teaching Hospital, Kano.

KANO FOCUS reports that Abdullahi Kiyawa, a police spokesperson in Kano revealed this in a statement issued on Friday.

He said the baby was abducted by a couple Abubakar Sadiq and his wife Maryam Sadiq all of Rijiyar Zaki Quarters, Kano.

It was gathered that the couple were desperate to get a male child.

The statement recalled that on Wednesday one Rabi’u Muhammad of Gayawa quarters, Ungogo local government area reported that on the same day one of his newly-born male twin was found missing at Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Teaching Hospital, Nassarawa.

According to the statement the baby was taken from Muhammad’s sister in-law who was looking after the babies at the corridor of the Maternity ward while she was sleeping.

Kiyawa said upon receiving the report, the Commissioner of Police, Sama’ila Dikko, mobilised a team of detectives to rescue the baby and arrest the culprits.

“The team immediately stormed the scene and launched a search. The Hospital was sealed off and thoroughly combed, but the child could not be found immediately.

“Sustained efforts coupled with intelligence sharing led to the arrest of one Maryam Sadiq, ‘f’, 22 years old, and her husband one Abubakar Sadiq, ‘m’, 50 years old, all of Rijiyar Zaki Quarters, Kano.

Abubakar Sadik and Maryam Sadik

“The Child was recovered from them in their home.

“On preliminary investigation, Maryam confessed that the child was taken away from Muhammad Abdullahi Wase Teaching Hospital Kano and that she carried out the act under the influence of her husband who has been longing a male child,” Kiyawa said.

The Police spokesperson said the new born baby has been re-united with his parents and the Commissioner of Police has ordered the transfer of the case to Criminal Investigation Department for discreet investigation.

He said suspects will be charged to court upon completion of investigation.

Mrs Sadik told journalists that her husband Mr Sadik was the masterminder of the abduction, the accusation he promptly denied.

Continue Reading

Headlines

ASUU condemns DSS brutality against Prof Muhammad, threatens legal action

Published

on

Nasiru Yusuf

Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Bayero University Kano (BUK) Branch has condemned alleged brutal and uncivilized assault on union’s Kano Zonal Coordinator, Abdulkadir Muhammad, by some operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS).

KANO FOCUS reports that a statement jointly signed by chairman and Secretary Haruna Musa and Yusuf Umar respectively described the attack as ”unfortunate, tragic, despicable and embarrassing.”

ASUU considered the attack as the highest form of gross violation of fundamental human rights and has exposed the lack of professionalism on the part of those who perpetrated the cowardly act saying “the attack was unfortunate, tragic, despicable and embarrassing to say the least.”

The statement recalled that “the incident happened on August 18, along the Eastern by-pass in Kano metropolis around 2 pm while Muhammad was driving when these DSS operatives, driving on a high speed and harassing commuters with siren, unprovokedly singled out and stopped him, damaged his car and assaulted him repeatedly.”

“Alas, DSS operatives are notorious for crass violation of fundamental rights of innocent Nigerians through torture and assaults.

“We recall that sometime in 2012, they invaded ASUU-BUK Secretariat at Old Campus and assaulted our then ASUU Kano-Zone Coordinator and Immediate Past Branch Chairperson in their attempt to abduct him.”

ASUU therefore urged the Department of State Services to investigate the matter and bring the perpetrators to book in order to stop the anarchy, torture and harassment of innocent Nigerians.

The Union said it is ready to deploy all the available legal and legitimate instruments to ensure that justice is done on the matter.

Continue Reading

Trending